Direct selling is taking off, especially among young people. According to the 2020 Consumer Attitudes and Entrepreneurship Study from the Direct Selling Association, 77% of Americans are interested in flexible, entrepreneurial income-earning opportunities. That’s a pretty big chunk of the population.
People are looking for ways to hustle and make money while pursuing their passions. They want the freedom to work when they want to and independence from demanding bosses and routines. Direct sales businesses are the perfect fit for entrepreneurial-minded people who want to take that step.
As a direct selling business, you know that finding enthusiastic brand partners and distributors is often easy. Many people want to join, but keeping your team members focused and determined as they start their business is tough. As the leader, you know how much time and effort it takes to succeed. Here are five ways our Unify Platform makes the onboarding process easier for new distributors.
- It helps you build personal relationships. It’s easy to join a direct sales business, but not easy to grow it. Many people start their businesses full of enthusiasm and then quit a few months later when they realize how much work it is to get started. Using our platform, you can easily send messages, training materials, and daily updates all from your phone. Use these tools to develop a personal relationship with your new team members so you can encourage them and answer questions they may have as they go along.
- Everything you need is in one place. The Command Center is the best way to stay on top of your team members. You don’t have to worry about keeping track of everyone. This tool is designed to send out messages through a variety of channels based on predetermined outcomes. So, if a new distributor hits their first sales goal, you can set it up to automatically send a note of congratulations. It makes it easy to track your team’s progress and encourage them along the way.
- It’s easy to stay in touch worldwide. Most direct sales businesses are spread out across a wide area. You may never meet some of your team in person, but it won’t ever feel like you don’t know them with our back office chat functions. Our chat function is instantaneous and capable of communicating with anyone, anywhere in the world, right from your phone. Stay connected with your team no matter where you are.
- It makes it easy to build a team connection. When people join a direct selling company, they find a whole group of like-minded individuals working toward a common goal. Your role as a leader is to mold your distributors into a team that supports and encourages one another. The group chat function in our Unify Platform is a great way to do this. You can easily send messages, pictures, and even videos to one another.
- It’s easy to build training into a daily routine. In 2019, 5.9 million of the 6.8 million direct sellers were building a business part-time, or less than 30 hours a week. Most new distributors are starting their business on the side, working in the evenings and weekends. This can make it hard to onboard and train new team members who may have other demands on their time. If you want to train new distributors successfully, build training and time for their business into their daily routine. Our tools make this easy. You can set up messages to go out at specific times, start a chat, and share back-office tools all from your phone. Stay in touch with new distributors daily at a convenient time for them, and you’ll see them start to progress.
We know how difficult the onboarding process can be and how easy it is to lose distributors after a few months. Direct selling isn’t easy, but it can be worth it if you are willing to put in the time and effort. Our tools are designed specifically for direct sales businesses to make it easier to support brand partners and distributors and keep them motivated to build their businesse